Rigel’s VP2601 Open VPX 6U COM Express carrier card is a highly advanced and feature filled computing solution that offers PMC or XMC for FPGA or IO processing expansion along with two MiniPCIe sockets. It allows system designers to choose the processing power and system IO functionality required, all on a single rugged board. This innovative COM Express carrier card for VPX greatly expands system IO capacity while reducing overall board count and system cost.
The VP2601 comes equipped with a full complement of COM Express Module supported IO such as 4x SATA, VGA, HDMI, 8x USB 2.0, 4x USB 3.0, 2x configurable serial ports, GPIO and two Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) ports. All models bring these interfaces to the VPX backplane and may be accessed using a Rear Transition Module or a custom backplane solution.
A pluggable IO module allows for standard PMC or XMC differential and single-ended IO routing (Vita 46.9) plus offers the flexibility for custom routing options to the backplane. Additionally, a MiniPCIe IO adapter card can interface practically any MiniPCIe card’s IO to the VPX backplane. MiniPCIe IO is also available on the front panel.
What sets the VP2601 apart is its integrated 5-port Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) switch. The switch is configured with VPX standard Vita 46.6 routing to the backplane. It supports two 1000BASE-T and two 1000BASE-BX ports. The 5th port is routed to the backplane on user IO pins and may be used as a maintenance port.
The on-board management micro-controller allows continuous communication between the system boards and the VP2601. The micro-controller configures the VP2601 options and monitors the on-board power supplies as well as ambient board temperature.
- Rugged COM Express Type 6 Compact or Basic Module carrier for VPX
- Supports vast variety of currently available processors (SBCs)
- VPX Host System controller, Root complex
- Configurable 4×4 VPX PCIe Ports (Gen 2, Gen 1 compatible)
- PCI-X 133MHz PMC Slot
- 8-Lane PCIe XMC Slot
- PMC or XMC IO Accessible via the Front Panel or Backplane
- Two MiniPCIe Sockets (Half-Mini and/or Full-Mini Cards)
- MiniPCIe IO Accessible via the Front Panel or Backplane
- Integrated 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet switch (Vita 46.6)
- On-Board Microcontroller for VP2601 Configuration, Control & Status Monitoring
- Configurable PMC and XMC Rear IO (Vita 46.9) via IO Module
XMC – X38s to P3, X12d+X8d to P4
PMC – P64s to P3
Custom Rear IO Routing options
- Full complement of COM Express IO to backplane
- On-Board Status Monitoring and Indicators
- VPX P0 I2C Busses for Control & Communication
- Temperature Sensor
- Configurable VPX and board Reset Generation via SMB Command, XMC or Board Power Fail
- Board Power Up/Down via Microcontroller or External Signal
- Air-Cooled, Rugged & Conduction-Cooled models available
- Commercial or Extended temperature
- Rigel’s Standard 3 Year Warranty